Tuesday 12 April 2011

Fees Row W.E.A.

hive-worcester

Last week,in The Guardian,  Andrew Mourant reported on the row between lecturers and their professional body, the Institute for Learning, over the rise in annual fees. 

Reply by Bernard Tucker:

Thank you for featuring the appalling business of the Institute for Learning's attempt to force its members to pay the annual subscription.

As a very part-time tutor for the Workers Educational Association (WEA), I was forced to join an organisation that has nothing to offer me; I ignore the endless bumph that is sent.

I earn a few hundred pounds a year after tax  from the WEA. I don't teach to supplement my pension, but in the hope of staving off dementia. An annual sub of £68 is out of proportion to what I earn and to what IfL is worth. I would rather give up teaching than pay it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment