Thursday 3 March 2011

LLUK Launch new Client Entitlement Statement for adult career service users

The new ‘Client Entitlement Statement’ for adult career service users has been published on the Lifelong Learning UK website.  The statement clearly explains the level of service that all users of adult information, advice and guidance services should receive.  It has been designed to promote good practice and client-focused service within the adult career guidance sector.

We commissioned the International Centre for Guidance Studies to undertake this work in 2010/11.  They developed the following, in consultation with potential clients and existing service users:

“As a user of adult careers services in the UK I am entitled to a service:

1.      Which is responsive to the needs of all users

2.      Where staff are well-trained, knowledgeable and suitably qualified to do their jobs

3.      Which motivates me and inspires me to consider all opportunities open to me

4.      Which is personal to me

5.      Which helps me to gain the skills I need to make my career goals a reality

6.      Which provides the support I need to be successful

7.      Which helps me access any additional support I need

8.      Where I am safe and where my personal information is respected and protected.”

This list of eight statements is accompanied by guidance which provides useful examples of good practice and activities.  Career guidance organisations can use these to assess the extent to which they are currently meeting the Statement, and to develop strategies to enhance their service provision.
By Kateg
See full article and download the documents here

hive worcester

No comments:

Post a Comment